Before undergoing a fat freezing treatment, discerning patients want to know about CoolSculpting side effects. By now, you probably know all about the incredible before-and-after results of CoolSculpting, but odds are that you’re looking to learn a bit more about the treatment itself, and exactly what to expect during and after your treatment.
Since CoolSculpting uses proven-safe, non-invasive technology to eliminate fat cells from your body; there are several healing processes that take place as your results begin to appear and improve over the 2-3 months following your treatment.
As your results (and best body ever!) take shape, here is what happens as your body eliminates stubborn fat and what each step of the process means for you, both in results and CoolSculpting side effects:
What to Expect Immediately After Your Treatment
- A brief “tingle” sensation – Right after each CoolSculpting treatment, you may feel a tingling sensation once your CoolSculpting applicator is removed – although in most cases, by the time you are on your way home this sensation will have already subsided.
What to Expect In the First Few Days
- Minor swelling – As part of recovery, your body will bring additional blood flow and fluids to the treated area, which may lead to swelling in the area(s) that you’ve had treated. If this occurs, it will typically take place in the days following treatment.
- A sensitive or numb sensation to the touch – In the initial recovery phase, many patients describe this as a numb sensation and that skin may be sensitive to touch. Generally, within 1-2 weeks following treatment this will go away completely.
What to Expect In the Coming Weeks
- Occasional tingling or itch sensations – As the nerves in your treated areas adjust to normal following your treatment, you may feel a sensation similar to “pins and needles”. Rest assured that this is normal, and not a sign of any nerve damage or adverse effects. For some patients this sensation feels more like an itch.
- Restroom Habits – As the body safely and gradually eliminates fat cells from the body, some patients report that they need to use the restroom more frequently.
Related Article: Does CoolSculpting Actually Work?
Tips to Make Your CoolSculpting Journey as Smooth As Possible
While the vast majority of patients at Sculptology find the recovery after their fat freezing treatment to be hassle-free and very easy, the following tips can prove useful to avoid any possible discomfort and decrease your risk of CoolSculpting side effects:
- Avoid tight or binding clothing – Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing that is not too tight in those areas where your treatment was performed.
- Heating & Cooling Of Your Treatment Area – Some patients may find applying heat eases any discomfort in their treatment areas, while others prefer a cooling sensation from a cold pack.
- Keep hydrated – part of a wellness-focused lifestyle is drinking enough water, and that is especially important during your CoolSculpting recovery phase. Staying hydrated will help your lymphatic system effectively eliminate the destroyed fat cells. You may even want to enjoy staying hydrated and refreshed in your Sculptology water bottle, one of the gifts we love sharing with new patients!
- Avoid Ibuprofen and anti-inflammatory medication – During your CoolSculpting recovery, avoiding anti-inflammatory medication (such as Ibuprofen) is key, as your body’s inflammatory response is how fat cells are eliminated. Tylenol can be used during your recovery phase without an issue.
- Stay well-rested – another key element to a healthy lifestyle is getting enough sleep. During your CoolSculpting recovery, this is even more important because it ensures your body can recover as promptly as possible.
What Does The Research Say About CoolSculpting Side Effects?
Clinical trials have observed over 5,500 study participants across the globe, and time and time again the same results are demonstrated – a high patient satisfaction rate, scientifically and clinically sound technology, and consistent results.
Of note, the study “Safety, tolerance, and patient satisfaction with noninvasive cryolipolysis,” as published in the Journal of Dermatological Surgery, shared the following:
The researchers found, “No significant side effects or adverse events were reported,” and found “the procedure was well-tolerated, with 89% of respondents reporting a positive perception of treatment duration and 96% reporting minimal to tolerable discomfort.”
In addition, these researchers found that “With proper patient selection, cryolipolysis is a safe, well-tolerated, and effective treatment method for reduction of subcutaneous fat.”
There’s no better way to understand the Sculptology difference than to experience it for yourself. Learn more about CoolSculpting and find out if fat freezing is right for you by scheduling a complimentary consultation with Sculptology today. Take the first step on your journey by calling or texting us at (925) 329-6333 or emailing email@example.com
SCHEDULE A COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
+25% OFF a CoolSculpting Package
[contact-form-7 id=”461″ title=”Coolton”]
by submitting this form you agree to be contacted via phone/text/email.